Though I am not a big fan of ‘Jeopardy‘, I have been watching daily for more tan a week or so, after Amy Schneider, an American engineering manager, came in the news after becoming reigning champion for weeks.
Friday’s episode saw Schneider, 42, score her 28th consecutive win and earn $42,000, bringing her total winnings to to $1,019,001 – making her the fourth “Jeopardy!” contestant and first woman to win over $1 million in regular season play.– MSN | Entertainment
The Washingon Post on its to-day’s editorial headline reads”Amy Schneider wins $1 million on ‘Jeopardy!’ — and respect for trans Americans“.
In a tweet thread Amy acknowledged how overwhelmed she is for the supports she has been getting from the media and recognition.
The official Jeopardy website writes “All the Jeopardy! Records Amy Schneider Has Broken So Far“.
Since the start of reigning champion Amy Schneider’s streak in November, she’s been a force to be reckoned with, responding to clues with nearly unerring accuracy and racking up boatloads of cash in the process. With each game, the engineering manager from Oakland, California, inches closer to the top of each list in the Jeopardy! Hall of Fame.– Official Jeopardy website
It’s amazing how smart she is and how much she knows and remembers. It has been so much fun watch her answer every questions answer correctly. Go Amy!
- ‘Jeopardy!’ champ hits $1 million; talks fame, trans rights | AP News
- Amy Schneider becomes the first woman to win more than $1 million on ‘Jeopardy!’ | CNN
- Amy Schneider ‘Overwhelmed’ by Reaction to Her $1M Win on ‘Jeopardy!’ | Newsweek
- Amy Schneider Becomes First Woman to Surpass $1 Million on ‘Jeopardy!’ | The New York Times
- Amy Schneider is first woman to win more than $1 million on Jeopardy | The Washingtonpost